How to Be a Femme Fatale
Femme fatale literally means "fatal woman" in French. According to the movie Mildred Pierce, it can be defined as "the kind of woman men want. but shouldn't have!". Ever seen females who are seductive and alluring, yet clever, a bit evil, and mysterious? Like Poison Ivy or Cat Woman? Alluring, mysterious, and classy, dark glamour embody the femme fatale. You can become one too!
Part One of Three:
Dress like a femme fatale. If you want to be a true femme fatale, then you should wear dark, sexy, and retro clothes. Pick clothes that are well-cut and draw subtle attention to you in a tasteful way. Opt for darker colors such as black, maroon, or emerald green. Clothes that are flattering are important, too; if you donâ€™t look great in a black cocktail dress, try another design instead. Pair your look with high heels, but make sure you know how to walk in them to pull it off. Here are some clothes that you can try:
Getting the Look Edit
- Silk cocktail dresses
- A bold red dress
- Leather pants
- Dark-wash, high waisted jeans
- Fishnet tights
- A fur coat
- If you donâ€™t like perfume, you can opt for a bit of scented lotion instead.
- Try not to reveal your entire face. Letting your curls or waves fall over the side of your face can help you keep some of your features shrouded and mysterious.
- An A-line cut can also give you a severe and mysterious look.
- Only reapply your lipstick in the bathroom; donâ€™t let people see you doing it, or some of your mystery will be gone.
- Avoid wearing glittery or shimmery makeup if you want to be a femme fatale. That may look too young and playful for the mysterious look youâ€™re going for.
- You can also play around with fake lashes for an added touch.
- 1940s sunglasses
- A hat with a veil
- Black gloves
- Fur collars
- A vintage compact for applying lipstick
- Classic diamond or pearl earrings
Part Two of Three:
Be mysterious . Don't let everybody know what you are feeling or what's going on. The very mystery proves to be the allure of the femme fatale. If you have to leave to go to your auntâ€™s birthday party, donâ€™t say so; just say you have an urgent matter to attend to and lead people to wonder. If you get a text from your mom, donâ€™t tell people who youâ€™re talking to; the more you keep to yourself, the more youâ€™ll leave to the imagination.
Having the Personality Edit
- Make people work to learn things about you, such as whether or not you have siblings or what youâ€™re studying. If you reveal too much, you wonâ€™t be mysterious.
- Even if youâ€™re having a bad day, donâ€™t put all of your complaints out there. Learn to have an inner strength and a strong will, not letting people think that itâ€™s easy to get under your skin. Keep things mysterious instead of detailing every little thing that went wrong for you today.
- Donâ€™t be afraid to challenge people. State your ideas and back them up with evidence. Youâ€™re smart enough to do it.
- Donâ€™t think that acting like a clueless girly girl will get you very far. Instead, make a point of showing everyone that you know whatâ€™s what.
- Femme fatales donâ€™t need to wear extra revealing clothes because their personalities and the way they carry themselves do that work for them. Acting in a way that is sexy, mysterious, and seductive will be what draws the men in.
- Leaving something to the imagination is part of the mystery that will make men so attracted to you.
- If youâ€™re wearing a more revealing top, then wear a more conservative skirt with it, and vice versa.
- Remind yourself that your self-value is what will draw the men to you. Donâ€™t think that worshipping them will do the trick.
- Though itâ€™s good to care for other people, too, donâ€™t ever stop taking care of yourself because you think someone else is more important.
- This doesnâ€™t mean you have to talk too much or spout off all the facts you know. It does mean that you can be sharp, quick-witted, and make yourself stand out during a conversation as someone who knows the score.
- Being fascinating isnâ€™t just about having knowledge; itâ€™s about knowing how to keep a personâ€™s interest, and how to find something exciting to talk about. Every person is different, and you should be aware of what makes a person tick before you start talking.
- In fact, your sense of humor should be one of the things that makes you fascinating as a femme fatale. Make the most of it.
- If a man says something funny to you, donâ€™t just laugh and say, â€śThatâ€™s funny.â€ť Instead, fire back with an equally funny comment.
- You can form meaningful relationships with people, but you should always make time for yourself. Even if youâ€™re dating the man of your dreams, you canâ€™t let yourself get too co-dependent.
- You have to have your own goals and dreams, and not let anyone get in the way of them. Donâ€™t let a man change your ideas about your career or what youâ€™re capable of.
Be real. It's okay to follow a few of the tips, but don't go overboard.
Have an air of charm about you. It's not enough to just be withdrawn, quiet and therefore "mysterious". Mysterious human beings are also very interesting they might know meaningful, famous quotes; speaking sultry, and a touch of aloofness; never being direct, desperate, or obnoxiously immature; you have a brain & you're gonna need to use it now; and always be classy. Never be obnoxious to downright trashy. Mysterious people don't stand for all that fake and commercial behavior. Carry yourself at all times with elegance and poise; and remember: every move you make from removing a glove to lighting a cigarette is capable of seducing men. Never concern yourself with the moral preoccupations of society: a femme fatale is amoral; like the cat.Remember meaningful, famous quotes perhaps like:
- Kurt Cobain's trademark quote "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
- "Nothing in life is to be feared, but rather, understood."
- "When life sucks. it's your karma. When you do something about it, it's your mission."
- "If it's wrong, than I don't want to be right."
- "People in hell want ice water."
- "I might not always like you but I'll always love you."
- "Well, maybe you can save you & your lectures for a convention of people who like lectures."
- Person 1: "Be careful when you say mean comments." Person 2: "Why?" Person 1: "Just be careful." Person 2: "Because you have nothing clever to say back."
- "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."
- "Carpe Diem. A Latin phrase for 'seize the day' (it means live like there's no tomorrow and you'll have less regrets)."
- "Never reveal that you've taken a computer programming course."
Stay skinny. Femme fatales usually have elegant bodies.
The above quotes are typical and extremely commercial (Hollywood). This will work depending on the type of person you're trying to attract (superficial and mainstream).
So as future femme fatales, be wise as to who you accept advice from. If you'd truly like to become a femme fatale, you should have a mind of your own, and develop your own ideas of what a fatal woman is. If you need a bit of guidance, observe footage of women from the 1920s; they knew what it was to be voluptuous and ALL woman. Not all of them were oppressed housewives who hid behind their husbands.
If you'd like to look deeper, find quotes by maybe Darwin or Aristotle. Some of the above "quotes" aren't actually quotes, but sayings.
Don't be mean! Femme fatales generally end up killing the man they love or destroying his life. Be femme without being literally fatale. If you can't say something nice -- 'tis better to say nothing at all.
Balance your attention to another woman who is around just enough not to pick a fight but not too much that you pay more attention to her needs than the man you are trying to seduce. If you pay too much attention to another woman in front of the man you are trying to charm, he may begin to see the interest in her that you see and you will lose all you have obtained.